About This Fundraiser
This is a story about TNKR (Teach North Korean Refugees). This amazing and highly thought of NGO of volunteers are in a country that many of them never knew, defending a,people they never met, by teaching them English in order for them to to succed in a society they have just come to know, South Korea.
The Co-founders, Casey Lartigue, Jr. and Eunkoo Lee came together in 2013 to give the freedom of CHOICE that the NK refugees had never known. Don't let it be the end of the story.
Help sustain those volunteers who have given of themselves, by giving them the opportunity to succed in their Human Rights efforts. Donate today to TNKR. Make a difference. They need your support. Your donations are all that they have.
The Korean War monument in Washington D.C. states:
"Our nation honors her sons and daughters who answered the call to defend a country they never knew and a people they never met".
My favorite fundraisers:
* Casey Lartigue: https://give.lovetnkr.com/en/Casey
* Bring My Father Home https://give.lovetnkr.com/en/fundraisers/BringMyFatherHome-songhwan-eul-wihan-ingwongw
An American who has been following TNKR since 2014 made a $5,000 donation to TNKR last night (October 29).
There's one "catch": The money is restricted and is to be held in a separate account until we match it by raising $5,000.
The reason? He wanted to provide all donors with 100% assurance in advance that their funds would be matched, and released the moment it hits $5,000, with zero delay.
The deadline? He suggests it would be better for us to take the challenge of raising this in one month.
Why is he doing this? Here are a few of the things he said when we talked.
He is inspired by:
* TNKR's staff keeping the focus on empowering North Korean refugees and building an organization from nothing.
* North Korean refugees studying so hard to improve themselves, and those who are willing to share their stories.
* Volunteers giving so much of their time as tutors and mentors.