About This Fundraiser
This is a story about TNKR (Teach North Korean Refugees). This amazing and highly thought of NGO of volunteers are in a country that many of them never knew, defending a,people they never met, by teaching them English in order for them to to succed in a society they have just come to know, South Korea.
The Co-founders, Casey Lartigue, Jr. and Eunkoo Lee came together in 2013 to give the freedom of CHOICE that the NK refugees had never known. Don't let it be the end of the story.
Help sustain those volunteers who have given of themselves, by giving them the opportunity to succed in their Human Rights efforts. Donate today to TNKR. Make a difference. They need your support. Your donations are all that they have.
The Korean War monument in Washington D.C. states:
"Our nation honors her sons and daughters who answered the call to defend a country they never knew and a people they never met".
My favorite fundraisers:
* Casey Lartigue: https://give.lovetnkr.com/en/Casey
* Bring My Father Home https://give.lovetnkr.com/en/fundraisers/BringMyFatherHome-songhwan-eul-wihan-ingwongw
About Voices from the North
During 2021, the Teach North Korean Refugees Global Education Center (TNKR) will be focused on the "Voices from the North" project. The major activities of the project will be partnering with North Korean refugees who seek to:
* publish books in English.
* become more engaged with public speaking.
* participate in at least one English speech contest.
* speak at an international forum.
* share their insights in roundtable discussions.
If you would like to hear a variety of North Korean stories, become a monthly donor to this special project.
* * *
TNKR will be holding its 12th English speech contest on February 28, 2021. You can check here for updates: