About This Fundraiser
TNkR을 만나기전까지 저의 이름은 박은빈이었고 항상 사진속의 저의 얼굴은 무언가에 가려져 있었습니다. 북한사람으로 살아가는것이 가끔은 원망스러웠고 한국정착을 하는데 걸림돌이 되기도 했으니까요. 누군가가 나에게 가장 오래오래 기억하고 싶은 순간이 있냐고 묻는다면 이 단체를 만나서 세상의 아름다움을 보았다고 말할것입니다.
Before I found TNKR, my name was Eun-bin Park, and my face was always hidden in photos. I sometimes hated the fact that I was a North Korean, and it was often an obstacle to adapting to the South Korean society. If someone asks me what is the moment that I will cherish the most as long as I live, I would say it is the time I found TNKR and saw the beauty of this world.
TNKR은 탈북민들에게 영어를 가르쳐줄뿐 아니라 우리가 진정한 정체성을 가지고 당당하게 한국사회에서 자신감을 가지고 살아갈 수 있도록 새로운 삶의 기회를 열어주는곳입니다. TNKR을 통해 저의 부모님이 지워주신 진짜 이름을 말할 수 있게 되었고 북한사람으로서 대한민국에서 당당하게 살아갈 수 있었습니다.
TNKR does not simply teach English to North Koreans; it opens up new lives for them, lives where they can live as who they really are in South Korea. Thanks to TNKR, I was able to say the name given to me by my parents, and to live without a shred of embarrassment at my North Korean origin.
저와 같이 많은 북한사람들의 세상의 아름다운 빛을 볼 수 있도록 당신의 도움이 필요합니다.
We need your support, so that more North Koreans can see the beautiful light of this world.
Eunhee Park, "The Lives of North Korean Women."
TEDx Talk, Seoul, 2018
How unlikely is it that she would give a TEDx Talk?
"From A-B-C to T-E-D" by Casey Lartigue
The Korea Times
Eunhee Park at the Asia Liberty Forum on February 10, 2018.
Books change lives. Many people have been inspired by great and interesting books.
Freedom Speakers International (FSI) has been working with five North Korean refugee authors who want to publish books in English. Based on our current progress, the first book will be published in December 2021, and four books will be published during 2022.
To help us kickstart this project, one of our donors has pledged $3,000 in seed funding and challenged us to match his donation. By supporting this project, you can receive the following benefits:
* Founding Member: You can be listed on our Website as a founding member of FSI's Book Publishing Project.
* Books: Receive books once they are available. Donate at least $15 for the digital copy, $25 the paperback copy, $50 for a signed copy.
* Acknowledgements: For every $500, you can be mentioned in the acknowledgements section of the five books we currently have scheduled.
* North Korean refugee postcard. To thank you, we will send you a North Korean refugee postcard for any donation of at least $5.
* Ambassador. In addition to the above, work with FSI staff to market and promote the books to the world.
What's the number one question from some potential donors and curious people: How will we spend your donation to help us kickstart this project?
* INCENTIVE STIPEND: About one million books are published every year, but probably another 20 million books are unfunished and a countless number of people say "I want to write a book." Writing can be a lonely process, people want updates even when the only update is, 'I'm still writing." This stipend can encourage refugee authors as they are writing their books and also remind them that others are waiting for their books.
* MARKETING: There are marketing costs with any books. Your donation will help us inform more people about the books published through this project.
* PROOFING-READING & TRANSLATION: We have some volunteers who are helping us with getting the books prepared. At the end, we will need to pay professional editors to review the final versions of books to make them completely ready for publication, and professional translators to confirm some tricky language.
You can make your donation monthly or one-time to help us kickstart this project. Books change lives. We will empower North Korean refugees, to share their experiences and to change the lives of the people who read what they have written.
P.S.: Of course, if you wish to remain anonymous, that's fine too.